What is the Mobile Phone Signature?
The Mobile Phone Signature allows you to provide evidence of your identity on the web.
For logging in to a service or to electronically sign, you are using the Mobile Phone Signature following the same procedures as when you’re accessing your traditional e-banking solution. Everything you need is a read-to-use mobile phone.
Activation and usage of the Mobile Phone Signature are totally free of charge.
What is the Citizen Card?
The Citizen Card allows you to easily provide evidence of your identity on the web.
For logging in to a service or to electronically sign, you are using the Citizen Card similar to your regular passport or driving license.
Everything you need is your health-insurance card and an appropriate smart-card reader.
Activation and usage of the Citizen Card are totally free of charge.
What’s the Main Difference Between Mobile Phone Signature and Citizen Card?
Mobile Phone Signature and Citizen Card are serving the same purpose – proofing your identity.
The Mobile Phone Signature works with every cell phone and Austrian mobile-network operator.
The Citizen Card on your health-insurance card requires a smart-card reader.
Mobile Phone Signature and Citizen Card facilitate your access to numerous web services from both, the private and the public sector – e.g.:
- Tax assessment
- Insurance-data retrieval
- Criminal-record certificate
- Application for pension and child allowance
That allows you to easily interact with competent authorities – without waiting times, 24/7, from home.
Version 4.1.2 of the PDF-signing software PDF-Over is now available for download!
The free-of-charge tool PDF-Over enables you to electronically sign arbitrary PDF files with your Mobile Phone Signature and Citizen Card.
Download at PDF Signature.
Access Public Services online with your Mobile Phone Signature or Citizen Card
There are two alternative forms of the Citizen-Card functionality:
- Mobile Phone Signature: This requires a ready-to-receive mobile phone. The Mobile Phone Signature works with all mobile phones and is free of charge.
- Smart card: This requires a smart card with activated Citizen Card functionality (e.g. e-card) and a smart-card reading device.
Both alternatives can be used for the creation of legally valid signatures in online procedures. These signatures are legally equivalent to handwritten signatures. This way, the mobile phone and your activated e-card become your virtual ID, which can be used quite similar to your driving license. You have also the possibility to sign documents or invoices electronically with your Mobile Phone Signature or Citizen Card.
Your benefits at a Glance:
- Free of charge: The usage of the Mobile Phone Signature or Citizen Card is for free.
- Saving time: Quick and easy access to online public services saves time for citizens as well as for companies.
- Security first: Knowing your Personal Identification Number (PIN) and holding a token (mobile phone or card) - only the correct pair of these two factors enables a successful login to an e-service or effects an electronic signature.
- Data protection: Centralised access to sensitive, personal data is prohibited by efficient cryptographic methods.
- Comfortable: Convenient access to various e-services from the public and private domain without the need to manage numerous different login name and password combinations.